ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hey all, i was wondering where some sweet DH and freeride spots are in and around the city, there are places like Flagstaff gardens, fitzy, flem rd(the drains) any there any other places or whats your favourite place?

Views: 1502

Replies to This Discussion

No im not, i live out in Pascoe Vale, but i would really like to go down to Lorne and Torquay more often and go up to the Dandenong ranges

Fendy said:
Looks like a nice area to sesh, but not fast/long enough to drive 1.5 hrs to get to. R u from Torquay?
Alex Schulze said:
This is abit out of the way, but is worth looking up if your down Torqauy way, Spring Valley Drive is a nice, smooth run and has very little traffic.
View Larger Map
hey alex, over easter i will be just outside lorne, i normally sesh a fair bit over easter/school holidays (in lorne, appolo bay and torquay as well as everywhere inbetween, if your keen gimme a call on 0400083729.

anyway
have you hit the footpath bomb in torquay? the one that runs along the main road near the housing estate? that thing is so fun, that estate is full of fun runs with a really nice run off at the end of the hill area (i found that most the runs in it end up at the BMX track) torquay has some fun runs in it if your ever out that way i reccomend it, i love the hills there and there is some quality wateringholes near by, its also just as easy to get to as dandenong for me

Alex Schulze said:
No im not, i live out in Pascoe Vale, but i would really like to go down to Lorne and Torquay more often and go up to the Dandenong ranges

Fendy said:
Looks like a nice area to sesh, but not fast/long enough to drive 1.5 hrs to get to. R u from Torquay?
Alex Schulze said:
This is abit out of the way, but is worth looking up if your down Torqauy way, Spring Valley Drive is a nice, smooth run and has very little traffic.
View Larger Map
yeah sean that sounds sick, but im not what my avalibilites are, with school and stuff, but yeah i'll let you know, if im free

sean meaney said:
hey alex, over easter i will be just outside lorne, i normally sesh a fair bit over easter/school holidays (in lorne, appolo bay and torquay as well as everywhere inbetween, if your keen gimme a call on 0400083729.

anyway
have you hit the footpath bomb in torquay? the one that runs along the main road near the housing estate? that thing is so fun, that estate is full of fun runs with a really nice run off at the end of the hill area (i found that most the runs in it end up at the BMX track) torquay has some fun runs in it if your ever out that way i reccomend it, i love the hills there and there is some quality wateringholes near by, its also just as easy to get to as dandenong for me

its the school holidays man, you should be able to come shred some stuff with me, if your kinda new to DH torquay is so fun to ride

Alex Schulze said:
yeah sean that sounds sick, but im not what my avalibilites are, with school and stuff, but yeah i'll let you know, if im free

sean meaney said:

anyway

i found a good hill if any one want to check it out its Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd
anyone who wants to shred some DH and has a car is more then welcome to my knowledge of DH spots around the place, dont really care for the whole pecking order anymore
Cameron. We've been booked my police there before.
I'm new to the group and the longboarding scene. There's a place called the You Yangs national park about 45mins out of Melbourne towards Geelong, I went there as a kid and remember the roads being quite steep. Has anyone had a look at this?
a mate of mine was up there a few weeks ago mountainboarding and said there was defs some skateable roads but the surface was not too great on a few of them

Brenton Aylward said:
I'm new to the group and the longboarding scene. There's a place called the You Yangs national park about 45mins out of Melbourne towards Geelong, I went there as a kid and remember the roads being quite steep. Has anyone had a look at this?

also, we need to do a lorne trip, i skated some of the spots around town on the weekend and the stuff litterly 50m behind the main street so shredable its not funny, steep runs with hard corners, i also found a sweet bank to gap/ bank to wall ride behind the caffee that i work in from time to time, there is also a sick skatepark for those who like trannie, there is a sweet point beak litterly 100m from a bunch of hills. Lorne has a free camp ground and i know a heap of people to stay with in lorne so if anyone is keen to come shred some gnar out that way let me know, i am dieing to get down and actually skate it with someone
sean, Im down for a trip to lorne these holidays

sean meaney said:
a mate of mine was up there a few weeks ago mountainboarding and said there was defs some skateable roads but the surface was not too great on a few of them

Brenton Aylward said:

also, we need to do a lorne trip, i skated some of the spots around town on the weekend and the stuff litterly 50m behind the main street so shredable its not funny, steep runs with hard corners, i also found a sweet bank to gap/ bank to wall ride behind the caffee that i work in from time to time, there is also a sick skatepark for those who like trannie, there is a sweet point beak litterly 100m from a bunch of hills. Lorne has a free camp ground and i know a heap of people to stay with in lorne so if anyone is keen to come shred some gnar out that way let me know, i am dieing to get down and actually skate it with someone
Definately worth the trip to Lorne, there's a lot places down that coast to check out given the previous mention of Torquay in this discussion, definately worth organising a trip to skate these spots. Keep us posted I'm pretty sure there will be a few people keen.
brenton where are you based? i am going to be in the lorne area come holidays if you want to shred lorne

Brenton Aylward said:
Definately worth the trip to Lorne, there's a lot places down that coast to check out given the previous mention of Torquay in this discussion, definately worth organising a trip to skate these spots. Keep us posted I'm pretty sure there will be a few people keen.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service