ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

so ive been searching around for shoes for longboarding in, because my shoes are only lasting me weeks before they are destroyed.

so here are my options.




ive got some rubber sole thing im putting on my shoes but just need some advice on which shoe would be best for it.

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the last pair of vans i had died quickly too, alot quicker then my old half cabs did


Henry King said:
i've had a few sets of halfcabs, great shoe, but the last few sets have been a bit shit, like falling appart shit, maybe canberra got a bad batch... a few of my mates have had the same thing happen to their recently bought halfcabs....anyone else come across this?
I had a pair that had that fake leather plastic stuff, it ripped off, leaving the front of my shoe in two parts... appart from that, nothing. I'm getting a new set sent to me, I will have to see how that fares
@tim, i went to clark rubber and got some 3mm thick stif 30 by 30 cm for like 7 bucks, kwik grip and my old coverse skate shoes and clamps. i havn't tried them yet as the second shoe is drying out cause i only clamped it up this morning. I should have got the 6mm stuff but i forgot how thick i had seen it on threads here, but it should be good fo a bit. I got the smooth harder stuff that has two pieces of rubber bonded together, it is suposed to be stronger, less hassel than a tyre and off cuts will make great nose and tail protectors. Enough for three soles.


Tim (Skittles) said:
I ride vans, awesome for $40.

I wear out the sole in about 4 months though, of not very heavy foot breaking, need to cut me some car tyre at some point, just takes soo much effort to do.

But vans, are awesome, just, usually a little over-priced...
whatever you do, dont get Ecko Unlimited shoes! they are shiiiiiit.... i had one explode on me the other day... yes, explode. The entire sole of the shoe ripped off when i had a little fall. i have no idea how that happened but it did. i got those shoes about a month ago. thank got i paid fuck all for them but hey u get what u paid for i guess!
Globe's seem to last forever. I still have the same pair I bought early last year and i've taken a lot of very high speed spills in them. yet they are still structurally solid and have much more skating life left in them.
I think I saw a thread about that earlier, what did you use to clamp it, or could you direct me to a thread for more info?

Adam said:
@tim, i went to clark rubber and got some 3mm thick stif 30 by 30 cm for like 7 bucks, kwik grip and my old coverse skate shoes and clamps. i havn't tried them yet as the second shoe is drying out cause i only clamped it up this morning. I should have got the 6mm stuff but i forgot how thick i had seen it on threads here, but it should be good fo a bit. I got the smooth harder stuff that has two pieces of rubber bonded together, it is suposed to be stronger, less hassel than a tyre and off cuts will make great nose and tail protectors. Enough for three soles.


Tim (Skittles) said:
I ride vans, awesome for $40.

I wear out the sole in about 4 months though, of not very heavy foot breaking, need to cut me some car tyre at some point, just takes soo much effort to do.

But vans, are awesome, just, usually a little over-priced...
i will take a quick shot of it and post it on your page this arvo. I just searched found one from jack nolan it had a link to another one in a post by leigh griffiths.
hope that makes sense


Tim (Skittles) said:
I think I saw a thread about that earlier, what did you use to clamp it, or could you direct me to a thread for more info?

Adam said:
@tim, i went to clark rubber and got some 3mm thick stif 30 by 30 cm for like 7 bucks, kwik grip and my old coverse skate shoes and clamps. i havn't tried them yet as the second shoe is drying out cause i only clamped it up this morning. I should have got the 6mm stuff but i forgot how thick i had seen it on threads here, but it should be good fo a bit. I got the smooth harder stuff that has two pieces of rubber bonded together, it is suposed to be stronger, less hassel than a tyre and off cuts will make great nose and tail protectors. Enough for three soles.


Tim (Skittles) said:
I ride vans, awesome for $40.

I wear out the sole in about 4 months though, of not very heavy foot breaking, need to cut me some car tyre at some point, just takes soo much effort to do.

But vans, are awesome, just, usually a little over-priced...
I like to get the beats cranking when i skate, so i only ever role in my white reeboks. They last forever too!!!

yeah, people freak out when they see us flying down a hill at 80kmh whilst Bowditch's shoes are cranking Rammstein.
Win!



Bowditch said:
I like to get the beats cranking when i skate, so i only ever role in my white reeboks. They last forever too!!!

damn.. i put off resoling my shoes, hoping to wear down the original sole as thin as possible and now theres a hole. and the edges are all ripped up. sigh... greed

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2019   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service