ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey did you ride a banana board or a Hosoi Hammerhead??
Show us the stuff that rocked your socks.

Views: 4351

Replies to This Discussion

Probably the rarest board in Australia - no boards are known to have survived. (if you find one let me know). Arguably the first double kick board made.
Picture is a reproduction
David Hill's Saurus

David told me the saurus logo was on the first run of power pivots. I have not found one of those either (everyone check your power pivots)
Retro boards...retro parts...is there a more retro skateboarder in Australia than David Hill? I met him briefly at Allawah one day. I'd like to hear the David Hill story. If David can't write it maybe Dr Bill can (or at least make it up).

David, are you out there?

Some of my older ones ! Left to right
Suregrip roller skatecompany Spring stainless stoker slicks (open bearings)
Fiberglass Marlbro race car all original (open bearings)
Large surfer sam (repro deck ) chicargos roller sports urethane mk iv (open bearings)
Somthing ? an old bloke gave me !!!
Warwick Bullet surf skate mark 2 with the tail stopper SW wheels (open bearings) all riggy but restained deck !
Warwick bullet Mk 1 all original even the blood stains !!
Both Warwicks have the block rubber trucks
Yeah id like to hear the David Hill story too Bugs.
How can we get that happening?

Brad,... nice collection,... blood stains?? Hahahahaa,... they add real gnar value!
can't even find a picture of the super flyer slalom red board I got from Woolworths in the UK (How sad even tried to contact them in case they had a brochure pic) anyone got a pic....in fact as a trade I have a 3 year old and a 19 month old that I could probably trade for a real board (will have to be on a Thursday while Mrs. Aych is shopping but we can work something out I'm sure)
SIMs Superlight with lazer trucks and yo yo's

Here is my stroker.
Just assembled on a new deck built for me by Canonball Longboards.
See the 1977 price in the retro add. 1 truck same as a good complete, so it must have been the GoG of it's day.

Turns like nothing else!

Retro advert
Bobby said:
im lovin all of this i dont no how to make a link but if u get on youtube an look up BOBBY GODFREY THE COLLECTOR an u can see some of my toys

hey man thought id post it up for everyone to see thats one crazy collection you have
thanks the collection is always getin bigger its was around 200 back when an now its about 250/260 an is topped of with a mini ramp in my bedroom i got pissd of with all the rain down here in tas so now we can rip any time we like good times good times
Check out the old patents:
http://www.google.com.au/patents?ct=result&q=skateboard

Most give expanations of why the stuff we use does what it does.

Patent numbers for the skateboard!
7325819 - rip stick

Skateboard Truck Patent numbers
4054297 - stroker
5263725 - siesmic
4103917 - looks like early chicago
4166629 - Laser?

Checkout some of the citation links to the more obscure inventions - Plenty of inspiration for the Darwin Awards!

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service