ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey, I'm new to long boarding and I have a Loaded Dervish with Randal trucks and purple Stims. I was looking into something more stable for bombing hills but also better for sliding. I've heard the the Landyachtz Evo had good stability for downhill but also good for sliding because of the concave and the drop. I will be carving as well.

Whats the recommended set up for a board thats good for all thee things?

Thanks!

Views: 3818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

will the be a session at fitsroy on sunday?

sean meaney said:
check out melbourne sessions guys, we just post the info up like 5 hours before we start, you can even have a play with the setup
Yes. 

Martin said:
will the be a session at fitsroy on sunday?

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Daniel Witchey said:
i would defiantly go with randals for DH, they seem so stable dont turn much though but i think there great

I can see this is a really old post, i just have some questions regarding the landyacth evo. Do you guys ride it with two different type of trucks? 

Atm i'm riding a Loaded Dervish and a Apex 37 from Original Skateboards but i want to get myself a downhill only. 

I was thinking a Landyacht Evo with Grizzly 852 and perhaps Orangotang in heats. Is this a recommended setup?

Been only riding original the last 2 years so i need some good trucks without springs so i don't get the speed wobbles that fast.

Thanks for the help.

I'd recommend you get something either topmounted or with a milder drop (e.g. Nemesis or Omen Pike) which will be more versatile down the track for freeriding and downhill. Rely on good trucks and bushings to help your stability (and of course your own technique) rather than a massively dropped deck. Caliber 44s with Venoms will be the way to go there.

Evo is a good board for downhill. I run mine with that exact setup, bear 852s and inheats.  If you are coming from an Original, like Dave said, go something milder, Get a milder board that is more suited to freeriding and some decent trucks. You will find your riding improves on a topmount compared to an Evo, and the transition will be smoother from the Apex.

Stil mean the same if i say i'm only gonna do downhill with it? 

Might be right, i just wanna go really out for doing big hills this year so want a solid and good board.

Alex 'maddog' Shaw said:

Evo is a good board for downhill. I run mine with that exact setup, bear 852s and inheats.  If you are coming from an Original, like Dave said, go something milder, Get a milder board that is more suited to freeriding and some decent trucks. You will find your riding improves on a topmount compared to an Evo, and the transition will be smoother from the Apex.

------------------------------------------------------------

Do you recommend going for the Nemesis because of the ability to use it for freeriding aswell or because it's easier to get into downhill by using that one?

I'm only gonna use the board i buy now for downhill, since i have the apex 37 that rocks at freeriding.

The Dave said:

I'd recommend you get something either topmounted or with a milder drop (e.g. Nemesis or Omen Pike) which will be more versatile down the track for freeriding and downhill. Rely on good trucks and bushings to help your stability (and of course your own technique) rather than a massively dropped deck. Caliber 44s with Venoms will be the way to go there.

Two things the Nemmy have going for it are deep foot-locking concave and a decent drop to give extra stability and make sliding easier. That said, I rarely ride mine now as I prefer a topmount but it's a damn good board that would serve you well. There are so many good topmounts and micro-dropped boards around now that it's really difficult to recommend any one though. I suggest you find some crew and ride a few boards to ge the feel of each.

Whatever you get you'll end up adapting your style to suit anyway, so don't get too hung up on the decision.

I would get a deck that is good for freeride as well. Speed checks and pre-drifts are all part of downhill and you want a board that can do all that easily. Also, taking two boards everywhere is just a hassle! Get one that can do it all.
There are heaps of great Aussie decks around. Have a look at the homegrown gear section. Or the marketplace, (for Aussie or over seas models) there are heaps of amazing decks for sale there. I really should be just say contact me and let me make you a custom deck but.... I guess I'm just trying to be helpful.

evo's with lo degree trucks are the only way to go if you want it to feel any good...

but if you want to really froth get something Aussie made with love

Learn to bomb on a topmount first, then progress maybe to an Evo......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service