ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Downhill and freeride sessions in the Beastern Suburbs of Sydney!

Views: 2366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Name a time and meet point. I might be up for it. I was thinking of hitting gnar corner this weekend.

You would be surprised how many fools out there are gurus at sliding but can't footbreak to save their lives!

You should rephrase to: must be able to stop at a drop of a hat

Session on Sunday at 2pm?

Can meet on Clovelly Road on the corner with Arden Street if its ok, otherwise wherever suits you

The Dave said:

Name a time and meet point. I might be up for it. I was thinking of hitting gnar corner this weekend.

Yeah must be able to stop without jumping off the board is what i meant

Jacko said:

You would be surprised how many fools out there are gurus at sliding but can't footbreak to save their lives!

You should rephrase to: must be able to stop at a drop of a hat

It's not just a matter of stopping without running off. If you're looking to hit hills in the East, you must be able to stop from 50+ pretty much instantly when that yummy mummy in her Range Rover suddenly pulls out on you or swerves across your path into a driveway with her 2 ton death machine. Drivers are frequently blind and stupid and there are too many of them on roads that are often too narrow.

Yeah gotta admit that eastern hills can be pretty nasty if you cannot stop quickly...

Therefore if you wanna join you must be able to stop at the drop of a hat

will go out tomorrow (saturday) as well if anyone wants to join give a call at 0406653152 thinking to go around 2.30 pm

Hey next session will be on Saturday in the early afternoon if anyone wants to join just give me a ring

You guys doing downhill or freeriding down there??

There are very few runs you can actually freeride in the area because the roads are a grid and traffic makes the intersections a nightmare. Plenty of straight hills for slide jamming and a couple of semi-decent but short DH runs where you get to play car slalom unless you hit them late at night.

nah mate, they are doing uphill... duhhh

David Penny said:

You guys doing downhill or freeriding down there??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service