ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I've thinking of setting up an event somwhere around the Coffs Harbour region but i really dont know how many people would turn up? so if you would come up or down to Coffs for a fun day of racing please post it on this thread. I have a couple of hills i probably need someone to scout them with me just to make sure they would be safe enough for groups of skaters to race down

cheers

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, I skated "Sawtell Ridge Estate" this week just off the highway on toormina sawtell road, not really a racetrack but pretty good fun has a nice s bend, faster than you think, no houses or cars. Also a sick spot at Korora. Everytime I skate in coffs i find something different. I havent really found anything that would be easy to hold an outlaw as yet tho (If you have something you want me to scout send me a msg Im up there for work next week). I think coffs is a great spot for a meeting of the tribes comp, Sydney/naccos vs QLD skate of origin as it is roughly halfway between the two and plenty of freeride options everywhere
When? I'll be up there in Sept. Still can't really skate but will rock up if something is going down.
yeah probably real early September mate maybe the 2nd weekend?

Hey Nathan,

I know this is an old thread, but I was just reading up about skaters in Coffs and read your bit about Sawtell estate and something in Korora. I was just scoping out Sawtell the other day but I am just interested in where abouts in Korora you were talking about... I'd be keen to check it out.

nathan said:

Alex, I skated "Sawtell Ridge Estate" this week just off the highway on toormina sawtell road, not really a racetrack but pretty good fun has a nice s bend, faster than you think, no houses or cars. Also a sick spot at Korora. Everytime I skate in coffs i find something different. I havent really found anything that would be easy to hold an outlaw as yet tho (If you have something you want me to scout send me a msg Im up there for work next week). I think coffs is a great spot for a meeting of the tribes comp, Sydney/naccos vs QLD skate of origin as it is roughly halfway between the two and plenty of freeride options everywhere
Hey Patrick there's a sick as hill in bellingen, it runs up past the hospital, it's fast and a little bit technical but still a sick as run if u want to see some footage of it check out Jacko's Dorrigo video

Awesome, Thanks Alex.

I'll go check it out soon. Luckily it runs past the hospital if i have any serious bails haha.

Im home for the next 5 weeks if u want to have a sesh one day out there

its called HOSPITAL hill. totally fucking rad run

Yeh sure Alex, I'd be keen to meet up for a sesh at some point, I'll probably go and check the spot out first to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into, still pretty new to downhill so I'm not very confident yet. And to Rob.. Is the actual name of the street Church Street? It's the main street running past the hospital in Bellingen. Or are you referring to a different location. Any other suggestions around Coffs?

Cheers..

Pat 

Yeah mate sounds sick and yes it is church street and I suggest if your going to scope it out and do some runs on it go early in the morning like really early or after 10 that's the times I find it has the least traffic oh and if it's wet I really suggest not going down that road turns ice slippery when it's wet just a heads up

its hospital hill bro, we found it named it and destroyed it, skate locations should always have a different name to slow the 5 0 and keep kooks off the rad runs and not blowing the spot,

have you looked at the runs out to Nymboida, mezza and myself had once thought of an outlaw out there, it gos a bit up and down for a while, but i know theres at least 3 rad DH runs with minimal traffic, ( excluding logging trucks)

Haha it has been named Hospital Hill for many a year before a skateboard landed on it :P i saw some nice new estates out the back of coffs while catching the train to brissy not to sure where they are but keen to have a look with some other skaters

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service