ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

OK, it isn't quite live yet, but the ASRA crew plus other volunteers have arrived, and we're busy setting up here at the Scout Camp. Tomorrow we'll be busy with last minute stuff, plus rider check-in which starts at midday.

It's wet, and the forecast is for the rain to continue until Thursday night. After that it should be mostly clear.

There's a lot of wildlife here - possums, deer, bush turkeys, lyrebirds and the most common of all - leeches. This place is seriously crawling with leeches - salt is supposedly the thing to ward them away.

A friendly leech outside our front door

See you all tomorrow at rider check-in.

Tags: mt keira downhill challenge

Views: 8885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ride safe bugs, but please give us SL results before you go. haha

Holy shit! Jayden came 4th all up ? thats amazing...

Awesome ...... I don't even know him & I feel so proud! 

Macca Pettersson said:

Holy shit! Jayden came 4th all up ? thats amazing...

Mt Keira Street Luge Results:
1st Abdil Mahdzan, 2nd Adam Sparks, 3rd Will Stephenson, 4th Dave Thompson.

Thanks for letting everyone know, Grits, appreciate it. Cheers

Grits said:

Big thanks to Phill C for letting me know so i could pass on the news.

Sakamoto said:

Thanks for letting everyone know, Grits, appreciate it. Cheers

Grits said:

thanks guys. Obviously Bugs had to go.

Let the celebration begin! I bet a few of them are already half cut, hahahaa

Leigh will probably stick with just water  ;)

Someone please upload party pics tonight!

Congrats to all the winners, great job done by all especially Jayden you killed it mate!!!!!!

Thanks Bugs and all the crew for the updates, it was great following along over the past few days. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend!

JAYDEN MITCHELL!!!! FUCK YEA!

What a great event.
Well done ASRA!

Great coverage! Well done to everyone that made it happen. And grats to Jayden for smashing it!

Sorry bout the street luge results - had to race down to the finish line for the presentation, and there was a delay with the results because there was a protest...which was upheld! The online results are now fully updated.

Goddamn, this was a great event - it all worked fine in the end and ran smoothly despite it seeming disastrous from the inside, at least in the early stages. Thousands of punters who all seemed stoked. The few food/drink vendors were overrun - we need more next year! Great support from Wollongong, both the council and the people, who came along and really seemed to enjoy it.

Great thanks to all the volunteers who made the event what it is, and by that I include all the ASRA crew, who are all volunteers. This was a big effort from a lot of people, and it looks like we'll be back again next year, even better.

And to see a race at my "local" hill, where I know all the corners, and where I've always imagined riding on a closed road - wow. It's been a long time coming, and it's a great thing. 

Yeah, and it's on to Newton's at Bathurst next weekend for crazy fast racing on the big dragstrip of Mt. Panorama. The crew will be there from early in the week for setup. And then the week after will be the best freeride event in Australia - Beat the Bastard.

Bye for now folks...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service