ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hey guys just got some ROO wheels the other day and man they anr awesome, sooo smooth plus they have little mags on them i use them on my longboard aswell !!!!!!

Roo Wheels Australia began in 2006. The new skateboard wheel concept and design was developed by NAMIS Engineering. The relationship resulted in a wheel that performs greater and also adds a new stylish fashion to skate wheels. Roo Wheels Australia is in the process of building a solid foundation over the next 12 months, with the manufacturing and distributing of their wheels as well as the continued design of boards and other future projects. This will ensure the product(s) are second to none. Roo Wheels are also environmentally friendly, aluminum can be recycled and urethane can be replaced instead of disposing of the whole item.
Mission
Roo Wheels Australia’s mission is to supply elite skate products and accessories that are of the highest quality and also to be recognized as leaders in skate trends, reliability and world-class performance.
Products
Launching 2011. Visit www.roowheels.com

Tags: ROO, quality, roo, roowheels, skate, wheel, wheels

Views: 3087

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm guessing that was all just an ad...

well you guessed right i it does look like an advertisement, but i am a real guy who enjoys quality.. im sick of crappy decks and badly made wheels and bearings ive been skating for 10 years now and never have i enjoyed the awesome smooth ride and improvment in ollie height...so i decided to tell everyone....so here we are.

tyhanks for your comment

what style of riding are they designed for and do you have any pro riders?

also, with a name like roowheels they sound pretty aussie, where are they manufactured?

whats the point of difference between roo wheels and DTC wheels?

hey michael,

i have a pair on my longboard which are fantastic as you can see.. these wheels are made specifically for longboards as they have a larger diameter.. other roo wheels are suited specifically for normal boards. they have some great names behind them like ben currie, renton miller craig justice....

and yes roo wheels are australian made owned designed and loved..... awesome comments man

replacable urathane, mmm sounds a bit dodge bro, has any one busted out slides at speed on these, who did the product testing? explain replacable, like we can keep the hubs and get cheaper regrips by just buying the thane.

stoked wheels are getting made in Australia, but why do someting new and untested, i hope your riders have got balls to push these things till they did break, or cored, just to know its limits huh.

Trav said:

whats the point of difference between roo wheels and DTC wheels?

Hey trav, thanks for the awesome intelligent question. best one yet,

there are alot of stricking simmerlateries between DTC and ROO wheels

most importantly is the materials being used in the wheel design, urethane

is the next evolution in wheels because of its resistance to wear, as well as superior grip

no death wobbles(wavering),no soft points(weakness) and its more suited to heavier riders like me! Roo Wheels are also environmentally friendly, aluminum can be recycled and urethane can be replaced instead of disposing of the whole item.

plus roo wheels are australian made designed owned and manufactured to ensure top quality for us aussies

so.... what was the difference between DTC and ROO...?

Urethane is definately the next evolution in wheels, but that evolution happened over 40 years ago...

Rob Mcwhinnie said:

replacable urathane, mmm sounds a bit dodge bro, has any one busted out slides at speed on these, who did the product testing? explain replacable, like we can keep the hubs and get cheaper regrips by just buying the thane.

stoked wheels are getting made in Australia, but why do someting new and untested, i hope your riders have got balls to push these things till they did break, or cored, just to know its limits huh.

hey rob...thanks for your awesome questions i will answer the best i can. roo wheels began in australia in 2006. this 'new' park skateboard wheel concept and design was devolped by NAMIS engineering.

the wheels are environmentally friendly made from 6061 billet aluminium (that can be recycled) so( you dont have to throw away the whole assembelly) and the highest quality urethane for maximum performance and ARE tested by world renowned and local melbourne skaters including, renton miller, ben currie..

Because the urethane is so smooth it elliminates death wobbles. Urethane provides you with awesome grip so no unannounced sliding occurs (my elbows thank me).

approximately 1000km ride before you "core it" which is unheard of for normal wheels

hope i answered your questions dude.

thanks again....aaron

Hi Jacko i think where they are made, is one the most important differences DTC being overseas and Roo being australian made designed and manufactured is a big plus for me. Australia has a great history of manufacturing quality as you probably well aware of...

dtc were on of the first companies to use this technology specifically for this purpose overseas

Roo wheels are here now in australia built tough for aussies...

not a great lot of difference in design but definately in the manufacturing process.

Jacko said:

so.... what was the difference between DTC and ROO...?

Urethane is definately the next evolution in wheels, but that evolution happened over 40 years ago...

most people who are on this site are longboarders,so most people here are looking at these with thoughts of putting them sideways,if the eurethane is replacable,whats going to stop these pealing straight off the core when sideways pressure is put on them,?or is sliding not recommended on these?

stoked they are australian made and owned,.hope it goes well for you..........people will want to kno about them before anyone buys them that is all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service