ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I went to a luge event and an ice hockey match broke out

Views: 455

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is how I see it, maybe I'm wrong, but i'm sure this is how a lot of the standup community see it

- GSE is formed

- Proclaims how great they are for organising events for "everyone" ( when in actual fact we know that you want control of organising events for the sole purpose of keeping your dying sport alive )

- Organises a race on a straight boring and rough road, a road clearly selected for its suitability for luge.

- Whinge and complain when not many standup riders attend.

- When they do attend Ban Trav, the editor of heelside and organiser of many other outlaw events for riding a hill near the event with 8 other riders

- Totally piss off every Standup rider out there

Way to go GSE!   SO Smooth!   What gives you the right to say who skates where? Who do you guys think you are?

GSE have done one thing efficiently though - Dug their own grave....

I would like to hear some explanations from GSE
I must be a old fart what is a pctds ?
Punch Cunts That Do Shit
Thanks Charlie
Such a shame all the negative comments i know Andy and all people involved have got nothing but good intentions in their hearts. They have organised four legal events in one year providing a SAFE environment for everyone to race in. I am very surprised that ASRA and HOPKIN are supporting, encouraging and promoting illegal racing. If say ANDRA reported on and advertised illegal races on there site they would be shut down and if an accident occurred would definitely be involved in any lawsuit.

Newton's Nation wasn't jeopardised when Owen broke his pelvis, and was hospitalised, skating a hill on his  way to NN 3 days before.

However, Newton's Nation was very nearly jeopardised when Daz-the-Cowboy and Rollerman stupidly rolled Mt Panorama just before the event.

great just what this sport needs, more division.

Lets stop this being a shit slinging match between street luge and stand up and actually make it a constructive debate about how events are run instead of just stupid name calling and cheap shots towards eachother

As a relative newcomer to skateboard racing , seeing this political garbage just makes me want to stay clear of all the organized events and go skate my way. After all skateboarding has always been about freedom and fun. Take that away and whats the point. The majority of people that ride a board in some way or another don't want to be part of a over regulated controlled sport.

Actually Carl No I don't think it would have thrown a spanner in the works at all. It would have been terrible for the person involved and thats all. Whatever 'might ' have happened had nothing to do with BTS at all. If we follow your train of thought we would all have to skate ONLY at legal events in case we get injured.

Don't get me wrong Carl. I have no malice whatsover to GSE and the efforts in raising money for cancer research and holding events is great. I'm just calling it how I see it, and if its a spade lets call it a spade.

Carl Manoff said:

Fact is brother, I don't see a lot of other people putting their hands up to organise legitimate events.  ASRA puts on NN, with a lot of assistance from a profit driven promotional business.  And the Townsville crew put on BTB, all in their own time with their own resources.  BTB exists to raise funds for Cancer research, last year it raised a total of $26K thru direct donations and thru matched giving.

It takes a lot of effort to organise an event like this.  So GSE are probably very keen not to have it jeopardised by incidents that are peripheral to the main event.  Imagine the bad press and public outcry if someone had have been badly injured before the actual event.  Do you think it might have thrown a major spanner in the works?

Steve said:

This is how I see it, maybe I'm wrong, but i'm sure this is how a lot of the standup community see it

- GSE is formed

- Proclaims how great they are for organising events for "everyone" ( when in actual fact we know that you want control of organising events for the sole purpose of keeping your dying sport alive )

- Organises a race on a straight boring and rough road, a road clearly selected for its suitability for luge.

- Whinge and complain when not many standup riders attend.

- When they do attend Ban Trav, the editor of heelside and organiser of many other outlaw events for riding a hill near the event with 8 other riders

- Totally piss off every Standup rider out there

Way to go GSE!   SO Smooth!   What gives you the right to say who skates where? Who do you guys think you are?

GSE have done one thing efficiently though - Dug their own grave....

Why are you surprised guff, outlaws are hat keeps the scene alive. Just look at the San diago outlaw series major product backing from some of the biggest companies in the biz, it's how they show they are legit! If I could only race legal races and free rode days I would never have gotten as good as I am, also they way I hear it one of the Canberra riders got elbowed in the face, now I would say that is more outlaw then a few dude hitting a hill 100km away from an event!

Fact is that people bomb hills outside of legal events every day, and while I don't know details of the situation, it's a pretty good bet to say they were doing it safely.

The fact that a prize of some kind may have been offered to the first man to the bottom is incidental. It doesn't necessarily

make it a "RACE". It is just a bit of fun between friends. It certainly didn't qualify as a race under ASRA rules, and I'm sure they weren't trying to take anything away from the actual event which everyone worked so hard on.

I can't help but think that this is some kind of backlash against Trav for not organising a luge event at MOTH. 

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service