ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i got a sector9 bob marly revalution for chrissy and  can get up to 45km/h downhill and i was wondering what is the main factor for speed..... is it the board, the trucks or the bearing??? :)

Tags: downhill, gear, longboarding, speed, stuff

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its none of the above. its the rider.

The sector 9 bob marley is not designed for downhill speedboarding. its for cruising around town and surfing the street...

aw ok, what about bustin boards ibach 10ply? is that a good board for down hill? if you know it

i dunno, how good are you at going down a hill?

im alright ive only been down a few since crissy, im stable at high speed but i carnt slide perfectly yet

if the board is flexy it wont be great for dh so it helps to have a stiff board, and the trucks and wheels to matter too much its just what your comfortable with that helps you go faster

is the sector 9 bob marly a good board to slide with??

you've only been on it since Christmas... forget sliding. learn to carve, turn, and stop first. and you have a great board for all those things. If you try to learn to slide before any of that you will suck forever

i can do all of that ive been riding my mates board for bout 6moths but ive only had my own sice crissy......but is the sector 9 a sliding board?

aw ok cheers
Morgan Sharp said:

if the board is flexy it wont be great for dh so it helps to have a stiff board, and the trucks and wheels to matter too much its just what your comfortable with that helps you go faster

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/forum/topics/2144162:Topic:9131

That should tell you what boards,wheels etc are good for downhill, You can do anything on any board if you really pushed, I think most people here started on some kind of short board/trick deck then progressed so as jacko said, learn the basics before you get a new board.

ok :)

i can go treee fiddy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service