ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Where are you ment to be grabbing? I was trying to learn it this afternoon and the only viable placement is between your legs? but then thats stink buggin' or should it be like a colemen/pendulum.

Rob

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wave your hand in the air like a cow-boy

Or go the Michael Jackson crotch-grab....

But seriously, like I said, go hands free. I found I was just getting too restricted and liable to highside when I grabbed. One-handed or standup is working out so much better.

Caspian 'CastoK' Baska said:

its what you feel comfortable with. when I do them grabbing the rail. I grab behind my back legs knee and just in front of the back foot.

when you're laying your back leg flatish on the deck during the turn isnt there a cute lil gap between ur knee and foot? grab there

i grab there when foleman sliding cas knows about my folemans yeah buddy?

Yea i realised, the board kinda wants to flip.
If i grab the board wont run out from under me when i go to kick the board out. Plus how do your suck it back in? its all the front foot kicking back out? i should just speed check from heelside, so much easier.

Pendy is okay to grab like this?
Dave R said:

But seriously, like I said, go hands free. I found I was just getting too restricted and liable to highside when I grabbed. One-handed or standup is working out so much better.

Yea my back leg is agaisnt the deck, so grab in front of the back foot behind the back knee flush. But then how would you kick it out?

James "m0juu" Crisologo said:

when you're laying your back leg flatish on the deck during the turn isnt there a cute lil gap between ur knee and foot? grab there

i grab there when foleman sliding cas knows about my folemans yeah buddy?

for a heelside you're supposed to be grabbing at the other end of the board, your right hand between your right shin and big toe.
I just put a hand down , and push out with my back foot......

Practice no handed! soo much better. And steezier. Only takes practice bud. Get comfortable with your own style what ever it is! Would recommend getting some Early GRIPPA! griptape so your feet dont slide off the board. Will glue you on!

Watch videos of good riders and copy their style, that's how everyone else learnt. 

Don't grab between your legs. Between your knee and your foot is the best spot.

Its not ok to grab like that, thats stinkbug. If you want to grab the board while sliding, grab the rail at the bottom of the shin, close to your ankle. If you manage your weight placement while sliding, the board shouldnt flip. 

Whatever feels comfortable is what works best for you, Imo, i have more control of the boards direction when I grab, many others dont.

Robert Le said:
Yea i realised, the board kinda wants to flip.
If i grab the board wont run out from under me when i go to kick the board out. Plus how do your suck it back in? its all the front foot kicking back out? i should just speed check from heelside, so much easier.

Pendy is okay to grab like this?
Dave R said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service