Gear out ya whores!

Views: 451

Replies to This Discussion

*LIKE*

Dale said:
SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!

wha? hehe =D

Ching said:
I agree with callum! The events are pretty disorganized but what do you expect when you have a ton of groms who don't like listening to "authorithy"? Really for any event there has to be a few guys who have to take charge even if its me sacrficing their own skate time.

Yeah hemleys consist of street skaters but that's why jimmy needs a core group of longboarders he can rely on to run these sessions.

That being said they've done a whole lot for the scene in the past year and have gotten in so much gear its finally good to see a local shop supporting the scene.
but they should be! melbourne skate scene is in desprate need of some notariaty and credabilaty!...

as much as i appresate the fact that you are geting involved sean, it took a untill sean (o'call) to step in before anthing even started at the last one....
speaking of.. what are we doing in terms of venue for the coming one?

sean meaney said:
The core group of guys is something we are working on, If alex hadnt of broken his femur then i dont think there would be much of an issue for this coming one. Its a work in prgress this entire thing but when it comes down to it, these sunday rides are never going to be much

Ching said:
I agree with callum! The events are pretty disorganized but what do you expect when you have a ton of groms who don't like listening to "authorithy"? Really for any event there has to be a few guys who have to take charge even if its me sacrficing their own skate time.

Yeah hemleys consist of street skaters but that's why jimmy needs a core group of longboarders he can rely on to run these sessions.

That being said they've done a whole lot for the scene in the past year and have gotten in so much gear its finally good to see a local shop supporting the scene.
we are going to do a spot tour this coming ride (yes i know, its not ideal) but its our best bet for this coming one. Carlton, flagstaff and maybe some carparks but thats it, all prizes are going to be raffled (so its not the same guys scoring product) what people have to understand, the sunday rides are for groms pretty much, i mean i want all the regulars to turn up because it gets the younger guys stoked, but ultimatly they are not viable as a big contest. WE WILL HAVE COMPS, damn there will be comps where i dont have to sit out and can compete in them, but these are not going to be run on sunday afternoon rides. these are going to be properly organised events with a few months notice etc etc so crew can make it from interstate
pads and carparks!

sean meaney said:
we are going to do a spot tour this coming ride (yes i know, its not ideal) but its our best bet for this coming one. Carlton, flagstaff and maybe some carparks but thats it, all prizes are going to be raffled (so its not the same guys scoring product) what people have to understand, the sunday rides are for groms pretty much, i mean i want all the regulars to turn up because it gets the younger guys stoked, but ultimatly they are not viable as a big contest. WE WILL HAVE COMPS, damn there will be comps where i dont have to sit out and can compete in them, but these are not going to be run on sunday afternoon rides. these are going to be properly organised events with a few months notice etc etc so crew can make it from interstate
thats what i am pushing for

Ben Shane said:
pads and carparks!

sean meaney said:
Get some Bolts ya Nuts! Ive got,
Grade 8 bolts
2 1/2 inch, standard Randal length $4.50 each with nylok nut inc.

2 3/4 inch, standard Crail length (upgrade for Randal) $5 each with nylok nut inc.

3 inch (upgrade for Crail/Kooky) $5 each with nylok nut inc.

Also got a few other random kingpins, and few sets of 1inch and 1 1/2 inch deckbolts.
Let me know if your interested.
hey does anyone know what size axles razor scooters use? i have a very good idea for a distance wheel but dont know if it will fit standard longboard trucks, if anyone has a razor scooter at home that they dont need anymore i would be keen to try the wheels off it on my evo
scotter wheels use the same bearing patterns as skate berings..

sean meaney said:
hey does anyone know what size axles razor scooters use? i have a very good idea for a distance wheel but dont know if it will fit standard longboard trucks, if anyone has a razor scooter at home that they dont need anymore i would be keen to try the wheels off it on my evo
so i should be able to wack 4 of them on my evo and roll away into the sunset hahahah, perfect, for like 48 bucks you can get a set of 110mm 85a ones, for distance they would be amazing

Callum O'callaghan-daft said:
scotter wheels use the same bearing patterns as skate berings..
sean meaney said:
curious, anyone carrying some randal 125s they don't want anymore?

or anything like that.

cheers
new plan. anyone want to trade a symetrical, shovitable, stair dropable deck for my alu sandwich with some bears?
come to my house and look

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service