ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

fairly grom question but im goin to as it anyway coz ive searched this site for an answer and can't find one so will bear 852 trucks be suitable for the Mt Panorama track? or do i need to buy some precision trucks? 

Views: 2030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

never mind, i can see that my point wont get through, go for your life

mate theres a first time for everything i know the consequences and am prepared to face them

just get reflex centrax mate. 

Yeah, many guys have crashed and not got back up... you can however, make it to the bottom without footbrakeing, but that means you will not be tucking, kinda defeats the purpose of paying so much money to go to a world class track and skate.

Just get good at footbraking, get good at high speed sliding (in your leathers) and get good at turning tight corners at 60 or 70 km/h

and a tree at 60... you wouldn't be getting back up.

Not that easy when your crashing at 70km+ into hay bales that are 2ft off a concrete barrier.. Crashing hurts.. Not something you want to take lighty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAx6-3iDF1k

Alexander said:

im confident in my riding ability if i crash and burn ill get back up and keep doin it till i get it right

How ever fast toohey tracks was when i hit the tree... that was a cunt to get back up on

Skittles said:

Yeah, many guys have crashed and not got back up... you can however, make it to the bottom without footbrakeing, but that means you will not be tucking, kinda defeats the purpose of paying so much money to go to a world class track and skate.

Just get good at footbraking, get good at high speed sliding (in your leathers) and get good at turning tight corners at 60 or 70 km/h

and a tree at 60... you wouldn't be getting back up.

Yeah, that wasn't even 50, probably around 40.  You were pretty banged up, and wasn't that after you rolled for a bit in the grass?

i dont know.. i just remember ending up hitting a tree and 4m into the scrub

ive crashed hard before at 70-80ksive hit trees gone off a 6m cliff at 60ks ive hit rock barriers and guard rails yes i know crashing fuckn hurts

i might try the centrax wheels ive heard good feedback on them

G5 is only like 40... i swear tooheys is a shit load faster then that

Skittles said:

Yeah, that wasn't even 50, probably around 40.  You were pretty banged up, and wasn't that after you rolled for a bit in the grass?

Most of those things would injure most people and have them out of the game for quite a substantial amount of time. I HIGHLY doubt that you fell off a 6m high cliff without breaking something let alone doing that at 60ks. And falling on your butt at 80ks is different to slamming into the hay at 80. If you were truly confident enough to do Mt. Panorama you wouldn't have started this topic...

Alexander said:

ive crashed hard before at 70-80ksive hit trees gone off a 6m cliff at 60ks ive hit rock barriers and guard rails yes i know crashing fuckn hurts

i might try the centrax wheels ive heard good feedback on them

I think one of Jacko's main points has been missed. Just because the top guys are riding this hill at 90 to 100 odd clicks, doesn't mean that you will be. In fact, 90% of people probably aren't. Depending on your ability the course is not difficult if you are standing and airbraking the whole track (which many people do at all races). Speed control (as we all know) is the most crucial learning curve of skating down hills. If your tucking and taking race lines, thats when the track gets gnar, if your not then it's not that bad. It's wide, the corners aren't super tight and the surface grips like your mums hand.

I don't think to many top riders have been injured on the track. Jacko (who was pushing the limits beyond comprehension), Yvon got hit by another luge and broke some ribs and Daddow did a stuntmans backflip but other than shock he faired well. 2009 was the worst year I saw for injuries. Every run of 4 people there was a crash. It was the inexperienced that were eating bails though (myself included), not the ''pros''. Last year the improvement was 100 fold. People stepped up, crashes were rare and the increase in skill coming from all riders from grom to ''pro'' was nothing short of incredible to see. People learn't how to airbrake and wash speed instead of panicking and doing silly things. Another 3 years like that and we won't even need hay bails any more :P  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service