ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

just starting downhill , need loads of grip but will also shut down slide . any suggestions ?

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

definettaly NOT the fastest wheel around...
physics tells us this.
larger contact patch means more friction with the pavement, and the massive amount of urethane means a slow acceleration.
you are correct with the grippy though.
i say go for some otang inheats...

sean meaney said:
i am reccomending them on the specs of the wheel and reviews i have heard, supposedly the fastest and grippiest wheel going around and you can stop anywheel with a shut down slide, i have seen footage of dudes sliding them fine, kinda seems like the perfect wheel if you want loads of grip

Nick Lonergan said:
wow theyre amazing , where do you get them ?

sean meaney said:
centrax
if you ever get in a sketchy situation,having grippy new wheels will save your life, making evasive manouvres or having to change your line mid corner on worn/slidey wheels is what will bring you unstuck.
this doesnot account for the rebound of the thane, when your riding over a rough surface your actually generating rebound from that surface, the higher rebound the thane and the more of it you have in contact with the road the more speed is maintained due to rebound, centrax being reflex thane,arguably the highest rebound thane on the market, this makes the difference in acceleration very small and when your riding downhill having a wheel that once gets off the line accelerates faster is a handy thing, having more grip is very handy too

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.
larger contact patch means more friction with the pavement, and the massive amount of urethane means a slow acceleration.

sean meaney said:
i am reccomending them on the specs of the wheel and reviews i have heard, supposedly the fastest and grippiest wheel going around and you can stop anywheel with a shut down slide, i have seen footage of dudes sliding them fine, kinda seems like the perfect wheel if you want loads of grip

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
If your after a small/fast wheel. Try Early Blueys. Very great for sliding. If you want something more stickier/grippy. Try the Early Stickys. Both pretty good wheels for beginners
yes, but no
because of the rebound, the wheel deforms on each bump in the surface, which in turn causes more friction, causing more speed to be lost.
thats why a flywheel is so fast.
it has light core, with a shallow urethane depth for acceleration, a narrower contact patch. as well as a non-reboundy urethane.
a harder urethane that doesnt deform is faster...

sean meaney said:
this doesnot account for the rebound of the thane, when your riding over a rough surface your actually generating rebound from that surface, the higher rebound the thane and the more of it you have in contact with the road the more speed is maintained due to rebound, centrax being reflex thane,arguably the highest rebound thane on the market, this makes the difference in acceleration very small and when your riding downhill having a wheel that once gets off the line accelerates faster is a handy thing, having more grip is very handy too

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
then explain the reason why the lowest rebound thane on the market (clear kripto's) is shit slow compared to a higher rebound thane in the same wheel shape with the same core (freebord slashers, hesher snowballs) You cant deny that a wheel with more rebound is faster then a dead one

Matthys said:
yes, but no
because of the rebound, the wheel deforms on each bump in the surface, which in turn causes more friction, causing more speed to be lost.
it has light core, with a shallow urethane depth for acceleration, a narrower contact patch. as well as a non-reboundy urethane.

sean meaney said:

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
yes, rebound does have an effect on speed, however, a stiff rebound is far faster
how this relates is that if you compare a 76mm flywheel to a 76mm centrax, you will undoubtedly accellerate faster on the flywheel.

i wouldnt get centrax unless you are doing serious dh with footbreaking and railing.
s9 raceforms or otangs would be a much better option for nick, as you can slide them.

sean meaney said:
then explain the reason why the lowest rebound thane on the market (clear kripto's) is shit slow compared to a higher rebound thane in the same wheel shape with the same core (freebord slashers, hesher snowballs) You cant deny that a wheel with more rebound is faster then a dead one

Matthys said:
yes, but no

sean meaney said:

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
What u have said is exactly what makes a wider wheel faster, thewider it is the less the wheel has to deform over the road surface because it has a bigger contact patch. 

Whith a pneumatic tyre narrow tyres are faster, but on pnuematic tyres you pump the pressure up in them to compensate for the smaller surface area, and minimize tyre deformation.

Matthys said:
yes, but no

sean meaney said:

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
i dont get your logic...
its wide, so it doesnt deform?
the wider a wheel is, THE MORE IT WILL DEFORM because the massive lip curls under when it turns.

Phil Bartlett said:
What u have said is exactly what makes a wider wheel faster, thewider it is the less the wheel has to deform over the road surface because it has a bigger contact patch. 

Whith a pneumatic tyre narrow tyres are faster, but on pnuematic tyres you pump the pressure up in them to compensate for the smaller surface area, and minimize tyre deformation.

Matthys said:
yes, but no

sean meaney said:

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax
I believe we were talking about how fast wheels roll in a straight line, not around corners,

Deform as in how much it squashes under the weight of you standing on the board.

Matthys said:
i dont get your logic... its wide, so it doesnt deform? the wider a wheel is, THE MORE IT WILL DEFORM because the massive lip curls under when it turns.

Phil Bartlett said:

Matthys said:
yes, but no

sean meaney said:

Matthys said:
physics tells us this.

sean meaney said:

Nick Lonergan said:

sean meaney said:
centrax

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service