ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

so, just this week i had a minor crash, with road rash on both elbows, a badly bruised thumb, and a few road rash's to the hips. $250 later my parents have just told me they dont want me to longboard again, because every time i go out skating they sit at home waiting for a call from someone, that Daniel (me) is in an ambulance, which of course is quite a shock, even though its never happened. after every session i come home with a few new wounds, and they're quite fed up with it. I am however getting better are longboarding and coming home with very few grazes each week. 

I would like some help on how to convince my parents on how to get me back into the skating world. 
(yes i wear all padding wherever i can, except elbow guards, but gonna invest in some when and if i come back to longboarding) 

Tags: collingrove, downhill, eagle, help, newtons, sliding

Views: 1635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha, quit? Not likely...

They are pretty much going to disown me if I don't give up skating.  Apparently I'm not allowed to play and instrument and be a skater as it will destroy my career as a music teacher...

is that really such a bad thing?????

Skittles said:

destroy my career as a music teacher...

haha! I make good money teaching!

You would have to one of the few!

hey skittles,

remind them there have been amazing advances of late in artifical limb replacement. Then again after seeing you race at Toohey tracks, what instrument do you play with your arse again as that was the only part of you you kept crashing on.

Haha sorry but had to say it. (don't worry at least you can ride)

My arse is still nice and tender from that day... I think that there needs to be more advancements in removing stubborn ideals from brains before they will ever accept me skating instead of what ever else they want me to do. (Probably want me to be a normal musician and start drinking, doing drugs and getting fat infront of a computer!)  They even don't want me riding a bike on the road... becuase it isn't safe, which is true.  More dagerous than downhill skateboarding!

Davin Gemmell said:

hey skittles,

remind them there have been amazing advances of late in artifical limb replacement. Then again after seeing you race at Toohey tracks, what instrument do you play with your arse again as that was the only part of you you kept crashing on.

Haha sorry but had to say it. (don't worry at least you can ride)

How old are you Skittles?

20, but I use my parents house for a teaching studio, so they keep using that as leverage. Fucking annoying

Dani said:

How old are you Skittles?

...well, you have to sit on your arse to play cello.

Skits the bogan music teacher.

"..play that bloody apeggio RIGHT!!.. dickhead!!"

Skits the bogan music teacher.

"..play that bloody apeggio RIGHT dickhead!!  Now keep playing while I roll ma JOINT!"

I think it would be 'pack a cone'... I mean there's gotta be a bong.

Orange juice bottle.

Hahahahaaa,.... that would be hilarious.

You should do a webcam bit, and show your parents. Record a music lesson where you act like a bogan.

That would be classic, although probably not the most constructive thing to defuse the situation... I have also thought about arranging a china bomb of their road, you know, 40 'bogans' skating down their hill at 50km/h or so being dickheads.  Also not constructive, but it would be fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service