ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Our mighty Southside crew has a population of three*, weather permitting. (If it rains i stay home). Our conversations have become stale and our stalefish even stale... er.

We have a local skate shop that stocks o'tangs. Now, unless there are a bunch of kids getting wheel bite on z flex's all over the place, i've always figured that there were more fans of the long skate out there... 

Anyway, time for a short story...

Towards the end of last year James and myself were slashing a local hill when a bunch of grommets with boards, lids and gloves rocked up. - Kids had some skills. James and myself were stoked with the session and decided to get some shorter shorts, better tans and do it all again another day.

Now heres the thing, during the session i mentioned ASRA, SCBS and how good i am at 180's atleast 30 times and it seemed they were across it, i'm sure a couple of em' were even ASRA members.

I like stories. Righto then, here's the pointy bit: Sutherland Shire longboarders - show yourselves fools... i want to see numbers before i go ahead and create an awesome group for all three* of us.

*Southside crew population is actually two. Fitz has been added just incase he participates in the near future... but mostly to bump the numbers up a bit.

Tags: Yew

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will partially agree with you Bugs. Even though Cronulla had more surfers back in the 70's than Newy has now. There is something cute about those little Hobits that inhabit the shire.

Bugs said:
I spent my first18 years in the Shire (Sylvania), so you can add me even though my Shire passport has expired and I can no longer return. Like BJ I also had a fibreglass deck with urethane wheels and a home made wooden tail block.

But face it, the Shire is a place to leave not live.

Nearly forgot about Scotto from Sylvania!

Although he's like me and doesn't get much time to skate

James,

It's South Side Gravity Crew

Joe and Dan would also do buttboard and Luge

James said: 

What does ssgc stand for Fitz? Sutherland shire gong crew?

Any of you guys skated Boomerang Ave Lilli Pilli?
We use to ride our Billy carts down that road and skate the grass.
Has a right hand turn at the bottom. Maybe you could slide it to survive. LOL.

BJ said:

Alex and I skated it last Sunday. Pretty fun. There are a few good spots near there

SERIOUS!

I would have thought it would be toooo steep to skate. Good one.

James said:

BJ said:

Alex and I skated it last Sunday. Pretty fun. There are a few good spots near there

hey i think i may of been one of the grommets in your story? ive been skating heaps since i met up with you guys and ive improved a bit thanks to your tips. pretty keen to join a sutherland shire longboarding group

You definitely were jack! I remember the board in your pic. We thought you guys mustn't have joined Asra or something.
Good to hear from you

James said:
You definitely were jack! I remember the board in your pic. We thought you guys mustn't have joined Asra or something.
yer well i saw your post and realised you were talking bout me and my mates so i made a profile just then.  we should definitely get a crew together and skate some time.

BJ said:
yer me and some mates went there wednesday and we were rolling in from the street  at the top.

i am so in got a new tan tien and yer im all over it!!!!!!!

jack glenn,other alex and me were skating with u that time remeber???

i think we were the gromms u were talking about anyway i would love to join if that okay ???????????
cheers DaRcY :)

yer i was one of those mate and i rolled in from th top so yer if thats ok would you please except me to ssgc :)
cheers DaRcY
Jack Glenn said:

BJ said:
yer me and some mates went there wednesday and we were rolling in from the street  at the top.

If you guys are rolling in of Lilli Pilli Pt Rd and tucking down Boomerang and making the turn at the bottom, you have my respect.

I just google mapped it. Looked at street view. and it is as steep as I remember as a grom.

I would love to see a vid if it!

darcy hannan said:

yer i was one of those mate and i rolled in from th top so yer if thats ok would you please except me to ssgc :)
cheers DaRcY
Jack Glenn said:

BJ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service