ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

OK, looks like there is a big green light!

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/group/slalom/forum/topics/just-t...

So now lets see who is up for organising slalom at Bathurst.......

Team Naccos, Mountain Mick, Mark, Marek, Fitz, Scotty, Bueller??????

(not sure if I can get there this year)

Views: 1043

Replies to This Discussion

perhaps if this is on discussion should be moved to Events page??

I like the idea of having a set part of the day for timing, but allow people to practice and run the course at other times as well. Make a big sign to post at the start line/finish line to let people know when the timed run periods are.

Yes, this is for points, and it's a legit race so there's a lot of points.

I'll get back to you on $$ issue. Won't be big.

Looking good :)

Leave it here for organising I recon dave and leave the event page for giving out info once confirmed and if potential racers have questions etc.

Dave M said:

perhaps if this is on discussion should be moved to Events page??

Keep it to Sat and Sun I recon. I'm unlikely to make Friday and I would guess I'm not alone. I like the simple Jam format (unlimited runs? just easier to keep track of) as it lets other riders who my have there minds elsewhere have a run or 2 without turning up for finals sessions etc.

What do we need and who can bring what?

Ramp?

Tent/beach shelter?

table?

timer/s.  - BUGS has  trackmate, we can bring our dodgy lap timer system as a backup.

Who wants to set the course?

I can bring extra cones, and have an Ipad for recording runs (I think it will run Bugs' spreadsheets and the battery would likely run all day), Laptops are good but the batteries don't always last. I also have a small trailer and can transport stuff from Sydney as req.

Getting excited!

laptops should not be a problem. Can run them off an inverter and car battery.

I think the CROSS ramp would be OK. Will check if its OK to cart one up in a trailer.

Setting course out can happen on Friday or early Sat We will need to be shown our limitations on track by Bugs or Robbo. If someone is there just rough one out with small chalk marks. Fine tune later when more arrive.

As I have said before I also think Sat and Sunday.

I do think we need to put a limit on timed runs. With unlimited timed runs it will feel less like a comp. top riders will be less inclined to post another run if they already are up the pointy end. picking a reasonable amount and having option of dropping bottom scores should give a better indication of who was the fastest and keep people interested for longer.

Bugs already has a spread sheet for this also as I am sure we have used it before.

Need to get the world out that Camping is available on the hill (camping pass required). $25 per head payable to Newtons on registration on Thursday but we will be given an alternate to pay at the Tower over the weekend

I am in with a couple team palooka guys. Prob can only do the sat.

Do you have to use the ramps?

Ramps are optional. Someone will just trigger the timer for you. I found skate parks often (ie Dulwich Hill) have nice street skating style lumps in the middle of them with nice ramps to practice on.

i'll bring my 50 cones,as well,  it'll be a busy weekend,but will help out for sure where i can.

IT'S ON! .....

hey guys,

what time will all this start on Sat morning and whats the cost please?

Good questions Retro. How much is down to Bugs and the Asra Insurance..tbc.

What times we will run? I guess we have to decide here. Suggestions? Lots of practice times with 2 timing sessions one early 11ish, one later 3ish? Same or similar on Sunday. Thoughts? I've never been to Newtons so others will likely have a better idea as to how the days run.
Hmm looking at the predicted running order for the downhill we would want to avoid the later in the day top ten shoot out (I want to watch that!) and have all slalom done and dusted by 2 or 2.30pm?

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service