ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Are randal truks any good when the hanger is flipped?

So I have some randal r-11s  and are they any good when the hanger is flipped and what is the angle

Views: 1536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeh you can fit a larger bushings on like an eliminators i think

It doesn't change which bushings you can put in it, elims are slightly shorter but wider...

It will lower the truck angle, not sure by how much, but I assume between 5 to 10 degrees.

Try them flipped, there is no point not to, it won't break, and then see for yourself.  The best way to find out is to try it yourself.

If they are anything like the paris trucks, it will feel more stable, but take the life out of them, they will feel dead.

im pretty sure it dosent change the angle, just the ride height
if you're using the stock bushings it wont make much difference in stability, but it does turn slightly less... so you may as well keep it right way round... but like tim said try it you have nothing to loose... however i suggest changing the bushings if you want to make them more stable...

a different ride hight effectively means a different angle, check out the bear flipping info: http://www.hopkin.com.au/blog/2010/05/25/new-bear-grizzly-852-longb...

(look down to the flipping section)

What he said, you can ride hard bushings on 50 degree plates and feel super stable.

put an elimenator boardside and a barrel boardside and it will be more stable but obviusly more restrictive..
it changes the rake as the axle is sorta forward if you get what i mean. look at the randall truck faq

Flipping the hanger doesnt change the truck angle. It changes rake orientation. Read the Randal truck FAQ. http://www.randal.com/guides_faq.html

Every other brand's attempt at flippable hangers is based on that diagram. Flipping the hanger also messes with the bushing alignment, which is bad.The landy bear truck, when flipped moves the axle back and closer to the base plate, it doesnt change the angle of anything, only the position of the axle changes. The Sabre truck is the same. It doesnt make the truck more stable. It just makes it lower and fucks with the turning.

Positive rake (default randal position)= good. Negative rake (what you get when you flip the hanger)= bad, why bad? well, you loose turning response, grip, return to centre, and you are more prone to lift one wheel off the ground in a corner.

Flipable hangers are not the answer to the desire for a multi purpose truck. If you have positive rake built in, and flip to create negative rake the results will be just that... negative. Bear trucks work best in the normal position, Randals work best in the normal position, Sabre trucks work best in the normal position, etc If you want a detuned truck for riding high speeds, get lower angle base plates, or a hanger with little or no rake. Or a combo of the two.

Some people use high angle positive rake trucks for high speeds, they usually add harder bushings as a means of stability. personally I think this option is Bunk, but each to their own. 35, 42, 45, those are the magic numbers for baseplates if you wanna break the sound barrier. The axle offset in your hanger is a matter of personal choice, but I have found that symetrical hangers (ie ones with no rake at all) are the most stable.

Valid stuff right there ^^
thanks
Each to thier own big time. Riding lower degree is not the answer to breaking sound barriers, knowing how to ride your skateboard is. I ride at 49degree with 175mm hangers and bushings softer than I have been using in older set ups and it's fine. But the issue with flipping hangers is bunk. Sure the trucks still work but as mike said they just feel gay.
If ur looking for more stability get harder bushings. If ur still having trouble then go a bit slower and get more practice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service