ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Aera CNC Trucks(180mm 46 BP) or Ronin CNC trucks (Symmetrical 40-40) or Grizzly CNC Trucks (2011 45 BP) 4

I just want to know which of these trucks would be the "Best" for the ride/feel, value and how long they will last.

I want a truck that will mainly be for DH but i want to get into learning Drifts eventually. These Trucks would go onto a Rayne Vandal with Venom Cannibal wheels. Also what bushing setup might be good for whatever setup i end up getting

What I've heard is that the Aera's are Great for DH/Freeride (but have slop?)

Also with Ronins i heard that they are great for DH but also good for Freeride but bad as well?

And the truck I'm leaning to the most is the Grizzly's because apparently they have no slop, great for Freeride and also Great for DH

Tags: Aera, Bear, CNC, Comet, DH, Division, Downhill, FR, Freeride, Fullbag, More…Glyde, Grizzly, Landyatchz, Original, Precision, Rayne, Ronin, S9, Trucks, baseplate, downhill, hanger

Views: 3697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

k4's feel weird

lies. easily the most versitile truck i have ever ridden. and ive ridden pretty much all trucks available on the market, at high speeds and low speeds.

most trucks are epic but only come alive at high speeds, the best part of the K4s is how responsive they are at LOW speeds without having to loosen them right off and run the risk of wheelbite. i run the 50deg and they are stable as hell at high speeds (thats because speed wobbles dont exist) and are so responsive when they need to be. i would compare the feeling of the ride to Paris trucks, which is somewhat unheard of in CNC trucks.

K4s ARE the answer, and are by far the most versitile truck on the market to date. accept no other imitation and listen to no one when they say they feel weird, they arent good, they have slop or anything like that as those people are far less experienced and do not know what they are talking about.

that is all that is needed to be said

charlie harris said:

k4's feel weird

sorry, but u dont speak from experience. aeras do not have slop. your doin it wrong

Billy Bott said:

Aeras have the tiniest amount of slop (i speak from experience, since i own a set that i bought brand new, and have ridden them for a few months)

Jack McMullen said:

Wut? Aeras' don't have slop...

Hey jacko. i was wandering how are the k4's compared to k3's? i know you haven't ridden your board in a while but while you had the chance, how were they?

Simple.

Buy all 3 and sell the ones you don't like.

If you can afford to buy expensive trucks, esp something that cost more than 4 times the amount of something that will do almost equally good job, then the small amount of money you'll lose selling the other 2 won't matter.

You'll end up with your own opinion. A set of trucks that you like and in doing so you will get to know them better and learn to look after them. Hence they will last longer.

Im not buying them anytime soon. and i dont have that kinda  monies. 

then your wasting everyone's time. good job fool

Leon Abe-Weatherhead said:

Im not buying them anytime soon. and i dont have that kinda  monies. 

Ill let you know how my ronins go bro, hopefully they arrive before Saturday and ill try em out up at Woy Woy.

Bro I didnt say they felt bad, I was simply saying they feel very different to the k3, or any other truck, even you would probably say that I'd assume, they definately dont have slop, but I guess I've only actually ridden gaydos's down a hill. The k4 I just noticed slides very differently to other trucks, I think you probably know what I mean when I say that, I wasnt going super fast on them so I cant say much though...

Jacko said:

lies. easily the most versitile truck i have ever ridden. and ive ridden pretty much all trucks available on the market, at high speeds and low speeds.

most trucks are epic but only come alive at high speeds, the best part of the K4s is how responsive they are at LOW speeds without having to loosen them right off and run the risk of wheelbite. i run the 50deg and they are stable as hell at high speeds (thats because speed wobbles dont exist) and are so responsive when they need to be. i would compare the feeling of the ride to Paris trucks, which is somewhat unheard of in CNC trucks.

K4s ARE the answer, and are by far the most versitile truck on the market to date. accept no other imitation and listen to no one when they say they feel weird, they arent good, they have slop or anything like that as those people are far less experienced and do not know what they are talking about.

that is all that is needed to be said

charlie harris said:

k4's feel weird

How am i wasting everyone's time? i was simply asking a question to see which might be the "best" truck for me when i think im good enough for them. whats wrong with asking.

When you're good enough to need them you'll be able to make the choice on your own. Currently you're asking a very open ended question, the answer to which will change from person to person depending on their opinion and what they like. Go find what you like to ride, form your own opinion because there is no way that any one person on an online forum, no matter how high profile they are, can tell what trucks are best for YOU. Its personal preference and it will take a long time of riding and trying out different set ups before its worth buying precision trucks. You don't need expensive stuff to go fast, just technique and balls.

Pretty sure someone said this earlier but im to lazy to look back but here goes ....

When you are at the level where a CNC truck might suit your riding you will be experienced enough to make an educated decision. This will be based on knowledge you will then have regarding what different rakes, angles, heights and widths of different trucks and what they will do for you.

There is not such thing as the best truck for a rider, rather a rider will learn to use any given truck to it best potential.

So untill you can actually afford one of these truck you dont need to know anything. Learn the difference between a caliber, paris and bear first, cause that all you can afford and they all have differnt heights, rakes, and widths just like CNC trucks.

Leon Abe-Weatherhead said:

How am i wasting everyone's time? i was simply asking a question to see which might be the "best" truck for me when i think im good enough for them. whats wrong with asking.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service