ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Aera CNC Trucks(180mm 46 BP) or Ronin CNC trucks (Symmetrical 40-40) or Grizzly CNC Trucks (2011 45 BP) 4

I just want to know which of these trucks would be the "Best" for the ride/feel, value and how long they will last.

I want a truck that will mainly be for DH but i want to get into learning Drifts eventually. These Trucks would go onto a Rayne Vandal with Venom Cannibal wheels. Also what bushing setup might be good for whatever setup i end up getting

What I've heard is that the Aera's are Great for DH/Freeride (but have slop?)

Also with Ronins i heard that they are great for DH but also good for Freeride but bad as well?

And the truck I'm leaning to the most is the Grizzly's because apparently they have no slop, great for Freeride and also Great for DH

Tags: Aera, Bear, CNC, Comet, DH, Division, Downhill, FR, Freeride, Fullbag, More…Glyde, Grizzly, Landyatchz, Original, Precision, Rayne, Ronin, S9, Trucks, baseplate, downhill, hanger

Views: 3697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine did have slop in the pivot, Jacko. That was because the pivot tubing was worn to hell. I replaced it, and they felt just like new again.

Jacko said:

sorry, but u dont speak from experience. aeras do not have slop. your doin it wrong

Billy Bott said:

Aeras have the tiniest amount of slop (i speak from experience, since i own a set that i bought brand new, and have ridden them for a few months)

Jack McMullen said:

Wut? Aeras' don't have slop...

so you had slop because the pivot was worn to shit, that very different than saying "they have slop". maybe saying that the pivot was worn and after replacing they worked fine would have helped... your statement suggests that they have slop no matter what even if u grind the pivots down (which is hard to do)

Billy Bott said:

Mine did have slop in the pivot, Jacko. That was because the pivot tubing was worn to hell. I replaced it, and they felt just like new again.

Jacko said:

sorry, but u dont speak from experience. aeras do not have slop. your doin it wrong

Billy Bott said:

Aeras have the tiniest amount of slop (i speak from experience, since i own a set that i bought brand new, and have ridden them for a few months)

Jack McMullen said:

hes just asking a question boys just relax about it all, we all skate! Just share the stoke not stop it.

Yup. Mine are totally slop free now. New pivot tubes are fantastic

Jacko said:

so you had slop because the pivot was worn to shit, that very different than saying "they have slop". maybe saying that the pivot was worn and after replacing they worked fine would have helped... your statement suggests that they have slop no matter what even if u grind the pivots down (which is hard to do)

Billy Bott said:

Jacko said:

Billy Bott said:

Jack McMullen said:

the answer is simple RONIN.

They're more tunable (more baseplate configs. and hanger widths, that sort of thing).

Grizzly's are the strongest out of the three, but have no baseplate options.

And Aeras are super overpriced for what your getting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service