ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

It is with deep regret that I have to announce the death of a member of the downhill community, and a special friend.

Sue Wickenden was riding Mt Cootha this morning with a multi-discipline group of riders when she failed to negotiate a bend in the road. It appears she has gone under the guard rail and has died at the scene.

My thoughts are with her family (especially her son Ben), her partner (Brad Sterritt) and all her many friends, especially those who were with her this morning.

Sue died, as I would like to, doing what she loved.

RIP Sue, may there be many great roads to ride wherever you are and may they all be smooth as silk.

Views: 4570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you're saying Lance, top crew to be with!

Lance and Josh said:

I have just got home and i just wanted to say how surreal it has been this morning on the hill , we need to support Brad now as he is new to brisbane having just moved to be with Sue last weekend. RIP Sue xxx , the crew served each other well this morning and the support to each other was amazing , lets just hope the media doesn't turn your loss into a frenzied headline grabber

• Really sad story, thoughts go out to her family and friends. RIP Sue.
a real sad thing to happen, thoughts and condolences go out, sure the feelings mutual from the rest of the West Aus crew..... R.I.P.

My condolences to the family and people that knew her.  Very sad. I hit one of those guardrails earlier this year.

may all who knew her remember the good times and celebrate her passions.

RIP

R.I.P

Our heartfelt condolences to the family of Sue. It is tragic when someone dies, the skate community will miss this member. Rest in Peace

Have just got home from being with the crew this morning, and I wanted to say Thank You for all the kindness and love and support you all have shown, Brad and all Sue's friends she rode with are touched and grateful for all the comments.

For myself, it was, and is, an honor and pleasure to have known Sue, and proud to call her my friend.

Sue has touched the lives of a great many people, across all aspects of her life, with her passion, strength and integrity, from her work life to gravity sports.

Brad has a great many people around him at present, supporting him, as we all support each other at this time.

RIP, Sue, always in our hearts and minds.....Always.

RIP

Amen

Sakamoto said:

Have just got home from being with the crew this morning, and I wanted to say Thank You for all the kindness and love and support you all have shown, Brad and all Sue's friends she rode with are touched and grateful for all the comments.

For myself, it was, and is, an honor and pleasure to have known Sue, and proud to call her my friend.

Sue has touched the lives of a great many people, across all aspects of her life, with her passion, strength and integrity, from her work life to gravity sports.

Brad has a great many people around him at present, supporting him, as we all support each other at this time.

RIP, Sue, always in our hearts and minds.....Always.

Absolutely gutted after hearing the news on the radio while driving follow car for some groms. My thoughts go out to Sue's family and friends and the Queensland crew. I met Sue at CGC and brought nothing but good vibes and stoke to everyone. You will be missed.

RIP Sue. My condolences to the Brad and Ben. She will be missed. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service