ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

It is with deep regret that I have to announce the death of a member of the downhill community, and a special friend.

Sue Wickenden was riding Mt Cootha this morning with a multi-discipline group of riders when she failed to negotiate a bend in the road. It appears she has gone under the guard rail and has died at the scene.

My thoughts are with her family (especially her son Ben), her partner (Brad Sterritt) and all her many friends, especially those who were with her this morning.

Sue died, as I would like to, doing what she loved.

RIP Sue, may there be many great roads to ride wherever you are and may they all be smooth as silk.

Views: 4570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brad...Sues family and the Brisbane crew....we are so so sorry. Heartfelt sympathies, condolences and love in this most terrrible of times.

Brad you seemed so very happy and excited a few months ago..which makes this all the more tragic..our thoughts are with you..

Arran and Fin, Naccos

On behalf of Brad, and at Brad's request, I would like to express Brad's deepest gratitude at the support and love coming from within the gravity community. He is totally aware of the messages and posts being expressed here, even though he hasn't been able to see them for himself. He said he will thank everyone over the next couple of days, however he wanted everyone to know how much the messages have supported him at this time.

Cheers.

I am deeply shocked and my thoughts are with all those who knew Sue.
The passion she brought to the sport inspired so many and encouraged so many to take action.
Sue was a great role model and always offered her help to those who needed it.
It is easy to forget that a sport that can bring such joy and happiness has the power to bring such heartache and sadness.
However to leave this world surrounded by friends and doing what you love is ideal.
RIP

I send my condolences to all of you who knew Sue, especially her family. Ride safe.

We will miss Sue so much. Our thoughts are with Sue's family, Ben and Brad and especially the QLD crew who were there with her. Anyone who met her will remember her cheerful smile and contagious laugh. She was such a gorgeous Lady of Luge.

Sue you will always be a part of the downhill community. You will always be part of us. Rest in peace.

Simon and Leah xoxo.

very shocking news, my condolences to Brad and her friends and family, always tragic to hear about the loss of life, at least she went doing what she loved to do, living life to the fullest. RIP.

that's horrible news, i'm so sorry to hear it

Sue's partner, Brad, and son Ben, would like to invite all who would to like, and are able, to attend a service for Sue this coming Friday, 23rd December, in Toowong Brisbane, at 10:00am. The actual address will be posted asap for everyone's benefit.

Please feel free to contact me, or Tyler Johnson, for any reason to assist those who would like to attend.

RIP Sue, I hope you are up there riding the endless hill in the sky right now.

Very sad news.

Condolances to her son Ben, and Brad from myself and the rest of the family.

Had a pleasure meeting sue several times, was upsetting to hear, Rest in peace. keep strong Brad and Ben.

Really sorry to hear about this, my thoughts are with you Brad and Ben.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service