ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

It is with deep regret that I have to announce the death of a member of the downhill community, and a special friend.

Sue Wickenden was riding Mt Cootha this morning with a multi-discipline group of riders when she failed to negotiate a bend in the road. It appears she has gone under the guard rail and has died at the scene.

My thoughts are with her family (especially her son Ben), her partner (Brad Sterritt) and all her many friends, especially those who were with her this morning.

Sue died, as I would like to, doing what she loved.

RIP Sue, may there be many great roads to ride wherever you are and may they all be smooth as silk.

Views: 4570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terrible to hear this news. Even though I never knew Sue, it sounds like she was much love, respected and admired.  Condolences to her son Ben and partner Brad, her relatives and her many close friends in her extended skate family.

Sue Wickenden's Service will be held at St Thomas's Church, 67 High st, Toowong, at 10:00am Friday 23rd Dec.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of Sue on this special day to reflect on and celebrate her life.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service